Denise Goldberg's blog

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

driving soon

Later today we'll be jumping into the car and heading to the northeast. Denise will be doing the driving and I will be looking through the windows to see if there are any leaves left on the trees. I'll only be able to see the trees for part of the drive where the sun is still above the horizon.

When I look at the map of our route it feels like the drive will be a lot of hours. I know that it's always worth the time to get to Acadia though.

route from N Andover MA to Bar Harbor ME
route from home to Bar Harbor, courtesy of Google Maps

The weather forecast looks good for the first two days but the next two are supposed to be chilly (in the low 40s) and wet. I guess Denise already saw the forecast because I see she has a rain jacket and good layers ready to go. Blue & I have a warm spot set up in Denise's camera bag. I like to peek out but if it's raining I will stay under cover. I don't like getting wet!

Rover & Blue hiding in Denise's camera bag

We don't have actual plans for our wanders. Our walking routes will be partially dictated by the weather; if it's really wet I think we'll probably stay on flat surfaces. I know that I want to bounce on the rocks of the Schoodic Peninsula so I've asked Denise to schedule a Schoodic wander on one of the days that are supposed to be dry. She really likes it there.

I'm sure we'll get to the Jesup Path too. This photo is from a visit last fall that was a couple of weeks early than this trip so we might not see any bright leaves this time.

boardwalk, Jesup Path
on Jesup Path in Acadia, October 2013
Soon...
--- Rover