Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Bare branches

A three-day weekend seemed a good time for a visit with my folks, a time for sitting, chatting. Even though it wasn't targeted as photo time, my camera jumped into my bag (just in case).

Today dawned gray and cold. By mid-afternoon the sun decided to play hide-and-seek, the temperature eased up just a bit, and I decided it was a good time for a walk. I realized quickly that stepping off of the road to get a slightly different view for a photo was a bad idea; one step and I was standing in deep snow. Oops! Snowshoes were the footwear of choice for stepping into that white stuff, not the boots that I had on my feet.

bare-limbed trees, stark, snow

A few more photos from this afternoon's walk can be seen in the gallery Winter chill... 2011.