Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Walking, driving, looking...

What a beautiful day!

The temperature quickly moved from the high 40s to the low 60s, even along the windy coastline. An interested cloud-painted sky changed over my few hours of walking time to pure blue. I spent several hours walking along the path that hugs Park Loop Road, heading south from Thunder Hole. Walking, stopping to wander over the rocks, walking some more.

A morning in the park, an afternoon drive... It was so beautiful that I decided to follow Route 1 and 3 south to Belfast before heading inland to Augusta to pick up the highway for the rest of the drive home.

The Penobscot Narrows Bridge almost tempted me to stay for a bit. I'd love to get some pictures of that fabulous structure in early morning or late day light; today's passage was too early in the day. While I would have enjoyed staying for several more hours, I suspect getting home late(r) tonight wouldn't have made me happy when tomorrow morning's "wake up for work" alarm rings. Ah, maybe, that's a visit for sometime next year.

This weekend was definitely the quick break that I wanted and needed. Calming...