Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Airport quiet

I've always traveled on the very busy travel weekend surrounding Thanksgiving. Years ago I changed my travel habits to head out early Wednesday morning and head home again early Sunday morning. The early morning flights seems to be a pocket of sanity on what is usually a bit of a crazy travel day.

This weekend? I was a bit surprised when I arrived at the airport (in Manchester, NH) Wednesday morning to snag a parking spot in the garage directly across from the terminal walkway. I was even more surprised when I walked back into the garage this morning after my return flight to see many empty parking spaces. And the flights in both directions were barely half full. I wonder if it was just the early morning flights or if travel is truly off this year.