Denise Goldberg's blog

Monday, May 25, 2009

A fleeting visit

A holiday weekend, three days...

I try not to travel on the days that start or end a holiday weekend. It felt like a good time for a family visit; moving the edges of the weekend helped me to avoid holiday traffic. I headed out early Saturday morning, driving, heading west, and I headed home at the end of the afternoon yesterday. The traffic was flying, no slowdowns at all.

Yes, it was a fleeting visit, but it was a good one. Time spent talking, visiting, watching the birds and little creatures gathering outside, laughing at Bailey's antics. Oh, you haven't had the pleasure of meeting Bailey? He's the funny dachshund who runs my parents' household.

Bailey, the crazy dachshund


The gallery Mainly Bailey contains more photos of Bailey, and a few of his people too.