Denise Goldberg's blog

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Rainbow doubled

I watched a painted sky as I drove home from work this afternoon. It was full of bright blue patches, moving fluffy white and dark gray clouds, rays of sunlight shimmering. Closer to the ground, bright yellow flowers popped, forsythia glowing.

I wanted to be traveling under my own power, walking or biking, accompanied by my camera. But, I was driving so I had to be content with simple looks.

The closer I got to home, the darker the sky became.

Home, it was time to walk. I headed out, shielded by an umbrella as the wind kicked up and rain started falling. The wind tried (and failed) to steal my umbrella.

Walking, dark gray to my right, wind, rain...

Looking to my left, there was blue sky decorated with white clouds, and look! A brilliant rainbow appeared, a double rainbow. What a fabulous sight.