Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Falling, flowing water

Today was another gift from the weather wizard, summer in April. I thought about driving to the coast, but then I decided to let my bicycle wheels follow roads closer to home. I stopped to watch the water jumping over the Lawrence Dam on the Merrimack River, happily exercising my camera.

And what luck! As I was snapping away, two men walking across the bridge stopped to chat, to share the wonder of the flowing water. I didn't know, but now I do... they told me that it there is a path that leads under the bridge, allowing visual access to the water falling over the dam. Of course that's where I headed next! Across the road, through an industrial area, and on to a park and a path next to the river. Hmmm... the path ends too soon. But look! I can walk across some dirt, and I'm standing under the bridge at the base of the dam, watching the water fall.

Lawrence Dam


Click to see more of the images that jumped into my camera today at Lawrence Dam.