Denise Goldberg's blog

Monday, August 20, 2007

A camera hello

Well really, it was a hello because of my camera!

A gray day, a gray mood, walking, fast walking, my late afternoon exercise... I thought about grabbing my camera, but I didn't. Rain wasn't in the forecast, but it was so gray... I was moving quickly when a car pulled to the curb, stopped, and the driver rolled down the passenger-side window. I stopped to see if she needed directions. Instead, the driver asked me if I was the person she often saw in the area walking with a camera. That's me!

She stopped to offer her garden as a place to play with my camera. Her house is surrounded by flowers, and her back yard has a small pond too. What a wonderful offer, one that I will be sure to use. I'm always looking for interesting places to photograph.

A smile, courtesy of a stranger who has seen me wandering with camera in hand, mood lifting...