Denise Goldberg's blog

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Weather forecast, real or not?

I guess I have to stop believing the weather forecast. If I want to ride my bike in to work, I get up an hour earlier than I do when I'm planning to drive. That gets me to the office at (about) the same time each day, regardless of my transportation method.

When I checked the weather forecast Tuesday before I headed off to bed, it showed rain for Wednesday. Wednesday morning dawned, and the forecast had changed to a good riding day. Oops, not enough time! Last night, the forecast showed a 40% chance of thunderstorms for this afternoon. This morning? It showed a beautiful day. And yet... I wasn't up and moving about early enough to ride in.

Lesson learned! I'll ride late this afternoon, and tomorrow morning? I think - no, I know - I'll set my alarm as if I'm going to be able to ride in to work. I can hope, can't I?