Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, February 02, 2008

A camera-driven ocean visit

A new camera came to visit and decided to stay!

I've been playing with the idea of upgrading to a Canon 40D. Well, really, I've been arguing with myself about it for what seems like a very long time. This week I finally decided that I was being silly. My camera is not an occasional use item; it travels with me, and it jumps into my hand as I wander near home. It's my constant companion.

I ordered my new toy from B & H Photo, and it arrived on Thursday. I played with it a bit last night, just enough to get familiar with the menus and controls, not enough to learn about all of the new options available to me. At first I felt a bit overwhelmed by the options, but then I pulled myself back into a happy, sane state. My first outing was to take pictures, not to learn everything about the camera in one fell swoop.

And wow! This camera is fast! I can see a difference just in the simple things; wait until I really start exploring my options.

Today was the 40D's maiden voyage. I hope you're not bored with my visits to the New Hampshire coast because that's where my camera pulled me today.


Bigger is better when you're looking at photos. Want bigger? Visit my Camera insists on an ocean visit gallery if you'd like to choose the viewing mode, or go directly to that gallery as a slideshow. Enjoy!