Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, March 20, 2021

women on a wall

This mural was created by Mariela Ajras for the Beyond Walls festival in Lynn in 2018.

A statement from the artist:

"A mural about the female universe. An embrace. An implied sisterhood among every woman. A net of support when times continue to harvest inequality. The expression of deep frustration when our bodies are still a field of political forces and are still subjugated to those in power who wish to control every inch of it. and in the middle, our spirits, resilient and resisting, screaming with strength of history, for a revolution of the mind."

My first glimpse of this beautiful piece was during my wander in Lynn this past Wednesday. I'm not sure what made me walk down the street where it lives but I'm very glad that I did!

mural created by Mariela Ajras in Lynn, MA