Denise Goldberg's blog

Thursday, March 18, 2021

flowers at Maudslay

Maudslay State Park was calling to me today. I needed to check for the appearance of early spring flowers.

When I arrived at the first spot where I thought there might be some color I didn't see any. I stood still and looked again. The color was there, but the flowers are so tiny that it didn't stand out on my first glimpse. I saw clusters of miniature daffodils in yellow, snowdrops in white, and just a few crocus wearing purple. I'm glad I've learned to always look twice!

As I walked into another part of the garden I saw a few chionodoxa, also known as glory of the snow.

Next, I walked through the opening in a wall to find a hillside of snowdrops.

It was a good day for a Maudslay visit. I plan to stop by often to check on the flowers.

chionodoxa

If you'd like to see more of today's tiny flowers, click here.