Denise Goldberg's blog

Thursday, January 24, 2019

wet

Today's forecast called for a wet and warm day.

When I saw that the early morning temperature was 56 degrees I knew that I wouldn't let the wet stop me from getting a long walk under my feet. The rain was light when I headed out, moving from light to heavy and back again, leaving me with a pair of very wet running shoes. No problem, I stuffed them with newspaper before heading out again.

Rain was steady when I arrived at the New Hampshire coast. It was about an hour before high tide with wild waves crashing against the shore. I stopped in several places to walk, to attempt to capture the stormy beauty with my camera. As the rain intensified the wind increased, blowing the water sideways.

Experiencing the power of the weather along the coast was wonderful.

one hour before high tide, New Hampshire coast