Denise Goldberg's blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

inside

As the end of January approaches I realize that we're just one short month into winter.

While I still walk outside every day my wandering with a camera has been a bit curtailed. Today I headed to Harold Parker State Forest for a short walk from my usual parking spot between Field Pond and Collins Pond. Unfortunately when I arrived I discovered a parking area still covered in snow. Hmm... nope, I didn't feel a need to get stuck!

Sometimes a bit of inside quiet time is good. This winter I've discovered the world of edX. It's a non-profit, massive open online course provider, partnering with the world’s leading universities to offer online university classes. This month I started taking a class titled "The Science of Laughter", presented by the University of California, Berkeley. The class started on January 7th; since I am taking the free version of the class it has a hard finish date of March 5th. That's probably good for me since it keeps me focused on continuing to work through the class lectures and reading.

Tomorrow is forecast to be non-January warm and very wet. I wonder, will it be a wander in the rain day?


January 1st @ Parker River National Wildlife Refuge