Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, July 01, 2017

to Halibut Point

There are a number of places not too far from home where I can satisfy my need for an ocean visit. Early yesterday morning I headed to Halibut Point State Park in Rockport, MA. I had the park almost to myself; what a treat!

The park is a former granite quarry. There is a path that circles the water-filled former quarry and a path that leads to the rocky coastline. No human access to the waters of the quarry are allowed. While I visited I had a view of the many sea birds (gulls, and ducks) resting on rocks close to the surface of the water.

It was a good morning for a quiet wander in a beautiful place.

water filled quarry, at Halibut Point State Park

coastline, at Halibut Point State Park

More photos are available in the gallery Halibut Point :: 2017.