Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, July 16, 2017

art & ocean

An ad for an outdoor sculpture exhibit at the Wells Reserve caught my eye a few weeks ago. I haven't visited in a long time; that ad reminded me it was time.

I headed to Wells, Maine last Friday under a cloudy sky, hoping that any rain I encountered would be reasonable for walking with a camera. Luckily before I headed out of the door I grabbed some bug dope; the non-oceanfront part of the reserve was teeming with mosquitoes.

I enjoyed the Power of Place sculptures as I walked to the coast and back again, taking time for a beach walk between the two sections of the exhibit.

If you're interested in seeing the sculptures yourself, the exhibit is scheduled to run through early October.

Of course it's safe, sculpture by John Wilkinson

at Wells Reserve

More photos can be seen in the gallery Wells Reserve :: 2017.