Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, February 12, 2017

a walk in the snow

I headed out for a walk in the early afternoon. Light snow was falling at the start; I returned home in heavy snow.

The weather wizard says that the snowfall totals from this current storm are going to be quite high. When I came in from my walk I checked the forecast. It showed a total daytime snow accumulation for today at 3 to 7 inches, with possible new snow accumulation tonight of 5 to 9 inches, and tomorrow of 1 to 3 inches.

At 4:21 PM the blizzard watch for tomorrow was cancelled and the winter storm warning was extended to 1 PM tomorrow. The predicted accumulations were also changed, lowered to 10 to 14 inches in total. That's much better than the earlier accumulations, but it's still a lot of snow.

trees and snow

I find walking in snow to be beautiful and calming.