Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, April 18, 2015

a wander at Maudslay

It was a sunny day, a day of wind, blue skies, and a temperature that brought a hint of spring.

I headed to Maudslay State Park for a walk in the woods with a hope of seeing flowers. It's still early in the season but I did find color adorning the ground. Some of the tiny flowers of early spring were flourishing, daffodils were in bloom, and skunk cabbage was showing (new) bright green leaves.

glory-of-the-snow, a splash of purple

The trails were dry, sometimes surrounded by patches of very wet ground. I managed to keep my feet out of the muddy spots, watching the ground as I walked at the same time that I was watching for pops of color.

More photos from today's wander can be seen in the gallery Maudslay State Park - 2015.