Denise Goldberg's blog

Monday, March 31, 2014

shades of red

I'm so glad Denise found this spot for me to pose for a photo. That's Bell Rock rising high behind me. It's one of the vortex sites in and around Sedona. I'm not sure I felt anything different when we were close to Bell Rock, but some people say you can feel an energy there.

What is the definition of "vortex"?

The term vortex refers to its less common definition: "A place or situation regarded as drawing into its center all that surrounds it." In other words, a vortex is a site where the energy of an area is concentrated. Because Sedona as a whole is known to be a spiritual power spot, a vortex site in Sedona is a place where one can feel Sedona's spiritual energy most strongly.

From the vortex page on the Visit Sedona web site
It's funny... my coat is red and people refer to the red rocks of Sedona. But our colors really don't match!
--- Rover

Rover perched in front of Bell Rock, Sedona