Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, March 01, 2014

in a greenhouse

Feeling a need for flowers and color I went looking for local gardens with greenhouses that are open to the public.

Today's color treat was provided by the Margaret C. Ferguson Greenhouses at Wellesley College. I have to admit there were moments when I wasn't sure I would be able to find my way back to the entrance! According to the web site there are 16 interconnected greenhouses, many that are open to the public. It felt a bit like a maze. I would turn to the right, pass through several connected greenhouses, turn back, repeat.

There was cactus, there were tropical plants, ferns, herbs & spices. There was even one greenhouse that housed blooming daffodils and tulips, color...

tulips bring color

More photos from today's greenhouse wander can be viewed in the gallery gardens at Wellesley College.