Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Wild water

The forecast called for rain today. It rained hard overnight, the wind howled, and the storm blew out to sea. This morning started with blue skies, then gray and a bit of rain returned. My morning walk was accompanied by a bit of water, heavier rain starting again after I returned home. I thought it was going to be a stay-at-home afternoon, and then...

By mid-afternoon blue had returned to the sky and the temperature was edging close to 60. Ah, a quick trip to the coast felt right. I grabbed my camera and headed to the sea.

The ocean was absolutely wild today. Waves on top of waves, frothy, white, wild...

I usually hit the coast and head north a bit before stopping. Today the wild waves made me stop in Hampton Beach almost as soon as I reached the coast. I walked, I watched the crashing waves, fascinated by the surfers in the water. A bit later I headed to Jenness Beach State Park for some more beach walking and a quick visit with the birds.

crashing waves, New Hampshire coast

crashing waves, New Hampshire coast


More photos from today can be seen in the gallery Along the New Hampshire coast - 2011, starting here and ending with this photo.