Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, April 24, 2011

In motion

Today seemed like a day of non-stop motion. I headed out for a brisk walk early this morning, a good way to greet the day. By the time I returned home the temperature had risen to the low 60s. I was planning to head to the coast with my camera, but first my bicycle was calling. Ah, that felt good, pedals moving in circles, wheels turning, sun shining, warmth.

By the time I left for the western edge of Maine the sky had changed from blue to shades of gray, clouds entering. I headed to Fort Foster Park in Kittery, Maine. The park isn't open for the season yet but luckily there was plenty of room to park on the entrance road. I entered the park by ducking under the gate, joining many other folks in the park enjoying a taste of summer-like weather.

It was a good day for walking.

water's edge, Fort Foster Park, Kittery Point, Maine

pier, Fort Foster Park, Kittery Point, Maine

A few more photos from today can be seen in the gallery South coastal Maine - 2011, starting with this photo and ending here. You'll know when you've reached the end of today's photos when you see snow (since the last time I wandered in this area was in January)!