Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Computer? Ordered!

As noted in my post two days ago, my home computer shocked me Thursday evening by being very very sick, absolutely non-working. It turns out the problem does not have an easy and inexpensive solution, yikes!

After the initial shock and realization that I needed a new computer, I started looking. I threw together some initial configurations at the Dell website last night. I hit Staples this morning to see what was in stock there. I suspected that I'd probably go with my own configuration rather than buying in a retail store, but I thought it might be smart to see what would be available on a "buy today" mode as opposed to a "wait for computer to be built" mode. Nope, that's not going to work.

Home again, still thinking, questioning, exploring options...

It was time to talk with a human instead of a computer. A telephone call way, I explained my computer needs, explored options, and yes, ordered a new laptop. A Dell Studio 15 will be jumping into my world. Now all I need to do is wait for it to be manufactured and shipped. I don't have an exact delivery date yet, but it appears that my new toy (OK, OK, I guess I should really call it a tool!) will join me in about two weeks.