Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, July 11, 2009

By the sea

What a beautiful day... I rode early, happy to be wandering on two wheels. But then... I had the urge (again!) to walk along the coast.

It was sunny and warm, a day when the beaches were likely to be quite crowded. I wanted a (somewhat) solitary walk, so I waited until 5:30 to leave home. I arrived at a favorite spot along the New Hampshire coast to find a quiet beach populated with other solitary walkers. The tide was heading out, so there was a wide swath of very walkable smooth sand.

Yes, I did get my feet wet. The water was actually quite warm.

sunset over a beach along the New Hampshire coast


Interested in a few more photos from today's wander? You can find them in the gallery By the sea... coastal New Hampshire 2009. The photos from this evening are at the beginning of the gallery.