Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Newspaper woes

Sunday morning, home, relaxing with a nice hot cup of tea and the Sunday newspaper...

But hey - what happened to today's Boston Globe? The paper has been going through some transformations over the past few months, slimming down, consolidating features. Today's paper must have been the direct result of that; for a Sunday paper it was positively skinny, and I was finished reading it in not much more time than it takes to read a week-day edition. I know, I can get my news fix online, but somehow I still prefer to read a newspaper.

Maybe I'm a little bit stuck in the past. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in wanting my daily newspaper fix; I wonder what kind of withdrawal symptoms folks in Denver went through when the Rocky Mountain News published their last paper at the end of last month. I'm hoping that the Boston Globe is here for a long time to come.