Denise Goldberg's blog

Thursday, May 08, 2008

An afternoon escape

Did you ever have one of those days when things just didn't hit you right? You know what I mean, don't you? This afternoon, today turned into one of those days.

Knowing that I needed to shake the "off" feelings, I decided that an escape was in order. Yes, I headed home a little early to work off those feelings. (Of course my early was after seven hours of work, so it wasn't really that early,)

Home at a little after 3 PM. Home, on a warm, bright sunny day. Home, with howling wind. Home, time for an escape, for a ride, for a little bit of camera play. I grabbed my camera and rolled down the road, absorbing the beauty around me. My bicycle computer stayed home, so there was no watching my speed or the miles covered. Riding, rolling, minutes clicking into hours. Almost three hours on my bike restored my equilibrium. I needed that.