Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sunshine returns

...accompanied by a chilly wind

It's a weekend day, and the sun is shining. Doesn't that mean I should be wandering on my bike?

I had a bit of an argument(about riding vs. walking) with myself in the morning. I won, of course - don't you always win arguments with yourself? My decision? It was to wander by foot. It was still cold enough that the road surface was dry, but the roads are much narrower than they should be because of the piles of snow (ice!) that line them. And more than that, only the major roads are really clear. Riding and dodging snow turned into icy piles didn't really appeal to me today.

Two feet moving forward, stopping, wandering onto a surface that was soft snow at one point but that had changed to slippery crusted ice... What do you mean I should have stayed on the dry pavement? My baby camera insisted on some photos that required that I walk onto and across that icy snow!

Here's proof that our snow was followed by some form of water from the sky, icicles dripping from a window ledge.


Ruffled feathers... There was no sign of the bird (or birds) that these came from, a nice pile of soft fluff.

Unfortunately I suspect that these beautiful feathers are probably a sign that something bad happened to their owner.


Ah... the gleam of the sun highlighting clouds and the edge of a tree against a brilliant blue sky.