Denise Goldberg's blog

Friday, March 02, 2007

Sights and sounds...

...of a gray (still) winter morning

I woke to the sound of precipitation. The snow had stopped after dropping about an inch, and wet stuff continued to fall from the sky with the occasional snow flake scattered through the falling water. By the time I headed out, it was just regular rain, no more of the freezing (slippery but more interesting) types of precipitation.

Rain, heavy rain... At the office, I left my car resting comfortably in the garage and walked the short distance to the building. There was ice under foot, crunch, crunch, slippery. A group of Canada Geese flew overhead in a crooked V, honking, singing, a beautiful image captured in my mind... And then there was the wind. The light poles were swaying, and the rain was flying sideways.

As much as I like dry weather, today's wet is still a form of beauty.

And there is warmth of a sort in the forecast for tomorrow. The temperatures are supposed to be in the high 40s. So weather wizard, is it possible to get this wet stuff out of the way today so that I can play outside tomorrow without getting soaked?