Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, May 14, 2011

First visit of the season

I knew that mid-May was too early for roses, but when I saw that Fuller Gardens was open for the season I just had to visit. I still can't believe that I didn't discover this wonderful place until last year. I'd ridden my bike by the sign many many times, always thinking that I needed to stop there someday. Someday was a day last summer, and I was immediately addicted.

I thought that the perennial gardens would be wearing more color, but apparently the plants in that garden start blooming a little later than this year's chilly May. There were tiny blossoms scattered through the garden bringing small splashes of color, well worth the visit.

fading bloom, still beautiful

apricot colored, flower

More flowers from today's visit can be seen in the gallery Petals pop - Fuller Gardens 2011.
I will be adding to this gallery throughout the Fuller Garden season; the newest photos will always show at the beginning of the gallery.