Denise Goldberg's blog

Tuesday, February 09, 2021

taste treat

I can't tell you what made me buy my first loaf of bread from When Pigs Fly many years ago but I know what keeps me going back - taste! Oh, and I love the company name.

While a small selection of their bread is available at my local Whole Foods, many more options are available at When Pigs Fly stores. My first visit was to the main location in Kittery. More recently - because of covid restrictions - I visited the smaller store closer to home in Newburyport. I'm enjoying trying different varieties of their bread.

My favorite "regular" bread is the Six Grain & Pumpkin Seed, with Multi-Grain Anadama coming just behind it. There are also breads containing nuts and fruit that I love topped with peanut butter. My current favorites of this type are Maple Walnut Banana and Wild Blueberry Granola w/ 8 Grains. These are old-world, artisan breads as opposed to quick breads, perfect for toasting.

Bread is comfort food.

When Pigs Fly logo