Denise Goldberg's blog

Monday, March 30, 2020

words matter

I believe that the words Elizabeth Warren used during her campaign for president apply equally to the battle against COVID-19.

I choose hope over fear.
I choose courage over cynicism.

I'm finding that it is easy to sink into depressing thoughts and that it is very important to find ways to lift myself back to optimism.

Getting outside helps. I plan to continue to feed my walking habit and to visit local parks as much as possible, always practicing social distancing.

I am staying in touch with the news but staying away from presentations by the current inhabitant of the White House. Hearing reality is good; listening to falsehoods and twisted facts is not. I am reading and sometimes participating in conversations on Cake with thoughtful people, sometimes talking about the current crisis, sometimes sharing photos and other fun things.

What helps you in these difficult times?

Elizabeth Warren: hope over fear, courage over cynicism