Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, March 21, 2020

incompetent

Each time I see him speak I am more convinced of his incompetence. It appears that COVID-19 will be with us for a while yet everything this president says convinces me that he not only doesn't understand, he insists on using it as a platform to attempt to make himself seem important. He is not succeeding; he is totally incompetent.

I was appalled at his response to NBC News White House correspondent Peter Alexander who asked the following question during a press conference yesterday:

"What do you say to the Americans who are scared? Nearly 200 dead, 14,000 who are sick. Millions, as you witnessed, who are scared right now. What do you say to Americans who are watching you right now who are scared?"

Trump's response:

"I'd say that you're a terrible reporter. That’s what I'd say. I think it's a very nasty question and I think it's a very bad signal that you're putting out to the American people."

This was an unacceptable response. This individual doesn't seem to understand that he should be calming the country and speaking truth. That seems to be well beyond his capabilities.

I thought Rachel Maddow's comment toward the end of her show last night was perfect. It was directed to all news organizations:

"If Trump is going to keep lying like he has been every day on stuff this important, we should, all of us, stop broadcasting it. Honestly, it's going to cost lives."

Click HERE to watch the short segment of The Rachel Maddow Show that presented this comment.

Help to elect a new president in November; vote for the Democratic nominee!