Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, December 21, 2019

a new apple

I saw an announcement about the impending release of a new apple earlier this year. I've been keeping an eye out for Cosmic Crisp apples; today I saw them for the first time.

Yes, of course I bought some!

The Cosmic Crisp web site opens with the following statement:

Imagine the Possibilities™
The Cosmic Crisp® is a classically bred apple grown in Washington State.

The Cosmic Crisp is a cross between Enterprise and Honeycrisp apples. I don't think I've ever tasted an Enterprise but Honeycrisp apples are on my list of favorites. I'm always up for trying new apples; this one was definitely worth a taste.

Both the flavor and the texture met my taste test - Cosmic Crisp is now on my "must buy" apple list!

Cosmic Crisp apples

Cosmic Crisp apples