Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, July 14, 2019

mosaics

I spent a few days in Philadelphia this past week, attending Netroots Nation with some fellow volunteers. We were staying in the Penn's Landing section of town, just across the street from the Delaware River, close to the Ben Franklin Bridge.

As we walked back to the hotel after dinner one night we decided to walk down Elfreth's Alley, the oldest residential street in the country. Exiting the alley on Second Street, we turned right to head back to our hotel. As we walked by the home of The Clay Studio I looked through the window in the door to see walls covered in mosaics. I reached for the door, pulling it open and walking inside. I think my companions thought I was a bit crazy to just walk in - but they did follow me. We enjoyed exploring the hallways and stairways, marveling at the art on the wall.

my companions & mosaics on the wall at The Clay Studio

mosaic on the wall at The Clay Studio