Denise Goldberg's blog

Tuesday, February 05, 2019

look up! kites...

Today was a gift, a (second) day of spring temperatures in the heart of winter. I headed to the New Hampshire coast with plans to walk near the water.

The coast wasn't too far away when I looked up to see the bright colors of a kite in the sky. That told me that Hampton Beach should be my first stop.

I walked onto the beach, walking, then standing still to watch kites flying. The kites were anchored, either tied to the railing separating the walk from the beach or tied to boards buried in the sand. I spoke with the owner of four of the beautiful flying objects. He told me that he started flying kites when he was a child but that he abandoned the practice as he became an adult. Later kite flying became a passion for him.

I'm very happy that he shares his love of kites!

kites

kites