Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, June 17, 2018

on the wall

Yesterday I headed to Salem to (re)experience the murals of the Punto Urban Art Museum. I discovered a couple of new murals and also enjoyed walls that I had seen before.

Painted stacks of brick in a courtyard of a building were disappearing; only one remained. I wasn't totally surprised given that these were not immovable objects. The one piece remaining was wrapped in plastic.

mural on stacked bricks, Salem, MA

Although I haven't found any articles about timing of new additions this year, I believe this project is intended to be ongoing. I look forward to seeing new art in Salem.

mural in Salem, MA

For more information, check the Urban Art Museum Punto web site or read the article in the Peabody Essex Museum blog.

More photos are available in the gallery murals in Salem :: 2018.