Denise Goldberg's blog

Wednesday, November 08, 2017

underground at Ink Block

In early September an article in the Boston Globe titled Boston gets an artsy new public space in a former no-man’s land caught my eye. When I saw that the space included murals I knew I needed to visit.

Once you make that crossing, you’ll find a ribbon of colors painted on the sidewalk. Follow it, and you’ll wind up in a world of green trees, brown boardwalks, and soaring, swooping, concrete — the underside of that massive highway and its onramps, whirring with traffic.

from the Boston Globe article

Yesterday I headed into Boston to experience the new park. I traveled by commuter rail and subway, then asked my cell phone for walking directions to the park. I was very happy to be walking, not constrained by or confined in a vehicle. Once I arrived at the space under the highway I walked through the space, following the lines painted on the sidewalk.

It's worth a visit if you're in the area. Information is available at undergroundinkblock.com.

mural by Douglas Hoekzema, aka HOXXOH

Be More Human

If you're interested, more photos are in this gallery.