Denise Goldberg's blog

Thursday, November 15, 2012

still hoping...

It's been a long time since my dad was himself, just over 3 weeks since his surgery. I asked for your healing wishes a week ago, and I thank each one of you who joined your wishes with those of my family.

It feels like we are on a bit of a roller-coaster ride. There have been ups and downs, improvements and setbacks. His white blood cell count was very high last week, it dropped, dropped some more, then went up again. It is still well below last week's high but the change in an upward direction feels scary to me.

He is fighting two serious infections yet we hold on to hope - hope that he wins the battle against infection, and hope that his body recovers its normal behaviors. Please keep your good wishes flowing to him.

reflections in smooth water, from the bridge to Plum Island, Newburyport, MA