Denise Goldberg's blog

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Patches of color

The autumnal equinox has arrived, and in spite of this week's heat, signs of fall are emerging. It doesn't feel like this will be a stellar color season; there are many areas where the bright greens of summer seem to be wearing a tinge of brown. And yet...

I did notice patches of bright yellows and reds as I drove to work today. And there are several trees right outside of my window that are dressed in bright yellow. Today's wind caused some of those leaves to fly through the air though.

I have to admit that I have very mixed feelings about this season. I love the colors, but I hate the transition to bare branched trees. And while somewhat cooler temperatures are pleasant, I'm no where near ready for the cold of winter. Hopefully the real chill will hold off for a while yet. After all, it is only the end of September...