Denise Goldberg's blog

Monday, February 05, 2007

Can you hear the wind?

Wind swirling, howling, throwing things through the air, making the already cold air feel even colder...

To a more normal person this would probably have been a day to hide inside, but I've found that I'm addicted to spending time outside. I felt the need to walk, and after conferring with the weather wizard about the real temperature, I donned layers and layers and layers of clothes. It was quite cold, 18 degrees Fahrenheit, and the winds that I had been listening to all day were blowing at 25 miles per hour, and gusting to 35. Cold air, wind, colder air, walking, walking faster, staying upright on sometimes slippery surfaces...

Ah, my layers were just right. Arriving home after 75 minutes of fast walking, warm fingers and a toasty body tell me that my layers were just right.

I could still hear the wind...