Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Camera play

Late afternoon seemed like a good time for camera play. I headed out with the intent of experimenting with my macro lens, looking for small things hidden from a simple passing glance.

Sunlight masked by haze called out to be photographed - not a target for a macro lens, but still an interesting vision. Then my camera turned to the edges of the snow and ice, remnants of dried flowers, pine cones...

I managed a few shots that I really like, but I suspect that the addition of a tripod or monopod may be one of the things I need to improve my macro capabilities. First I have to seek out images that attract my eye and my camera, and then I have to manage a still shot. Finding interesting shots doesn't seem to be an issue for me, but holding the camera steady when focusing on something small that is very close to my lens is an interesting exercise in steadiness.







Interested in seeing more of my macro experiments? Photos can be viewed in my Winter (macro) images photo gallery.