Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Breakfast report

I know when I'm staying with Evin that I'm going to be spoiled with fabulous food to start my day. Today's mix of breakfast tastes: a frittata loaded with vegetables and black beans with a bit of cheese and spices thrown in for extra flavor, french toast topped with bumbleberry jam, and apple chunks with currents, almonds, and a light dressing. I'm happy, loaded with walking energy.

unlike yesterday when I was the only early breakfast attendee, there were some other folks at the 7:30 sitting. There was a couple from Cape Elizabeth (Maine), and I finally met David, another Holland Inn repeat visitor from the Boston area. We've been at the inn at the same time before but we haven't previously crossed paths.

Good conversation, good food, a good start to the day...