Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Wandering in the wind

There was a spring chill in the air, howling wind, blue skies. It was a good day for a wander, somewhere. I didn't think too long before heading to Maine.

My first wander was at Saco Heath. It's still too early for spring colors; instead I was treated to views of reflections along the very wet trail to the boardwalk.

That was my inland walk. Next? I crossed the Saco River into Biddeford, then headed to the coast and the village of Biddeford Pool. It was time to wander at the East Point Sanctuary. While the trail stays on level ground, the location calls for a bit of scrambling on coastal rocks. And yes, I was careful to put my feet on dry rocks rather than slippery seaweed-covered spots!

It was a beautiful day for a coastal wander, accompanied by the sound and the feeling of constant wind.

Saco Heath, early spring

ocean view in Biddeford Pool


More photos from today's wander can be seen in the gallery South coastal Maine - 2010. I plan to add more photos to this gallery through the year; the most recent photos will always show at the beginning of this gallery.