Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, September 09, 2023

waiting

My timing yesterday was superb. I managed a pilates class, a walk to and from the class, and a walk on the beach at the Parker River National Wildlife Refuge. I arrived home just as the sky turned black.

While sheltered in the house I watched and listened to a wild storm. There was rain, thunder, wild wind, and hail. Yikes! I can't believe how lucky I was that my badly leaking windows were replaced this week!

The power flickered, then went out completely. When I looked at the power company's web site I saw a projected restoration time of 5 PM. That time came, still no power. I looked again to see that the restoration time was 5 PM on September 9th, a full day after the outage began.

Now, I'm waiting. And I'm hoping the power returns today.