Denise Goldberg's blog

Monday, June 15, 2020

to Halibut Point

While most state parks in Massachusetts remained open during the coronavirus stay-at-home, the parking lots of some coastal parks were closed. That allowed local residents to visit but essentially closed the parks to those of us who weren't in walking distance of the park. One of the parks that I was unable to visit was Halibut Point State Park in Rockport, MA. That changed recently when the parking lot was reopened.

I headed to Rockport early in the morning yesterday. I didn't want to drive that distance only to find the parking lot was full. There were a few other people there when I arrived at 8:30 AM but there were plenty of open spots in the lot.

It was a lovely day to circle the quarry and to walk on the slanted rocks along the coast. I could hear the sound of the ocean as soon as I started down the path into the park, about a third of a mile from the water.

Halibut Point State Park

For more photos of my wander in the park, click to the gallery Halibut Point :: 2020.