Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, April 28, 2019

3 days, 3 gardens

Three gardens called for visits during my stay last week in southeastern Pennsylvania. I was delighted to see flowers at a blooming stage several weeks ahead of that at home; that means I will be able to experience two spring blooms!

My first stop was at Jenkins Arboretum. While many weren't wearing flowers yet, some of the azalea and rhododendron were in full bloom. There were tiny flowers popping up close to the ground as well. These small flowers are known as creeping phlox.

creeping phlox

The next day it was time to wander at Chanticleer. I've been there before in the summer and fall, never this early in the growing season. Flowers were growing in beds and were also scattered through tall grass. I loved the embedded tulips!

tulips

On my last garden visit of the week I was joined by my sister. We walked through the tulips at Longwood Garden. The tulips lived outside in two large spaces on either side of the property. The gardens had a more formal look here, each section containing a block of the same color tulips.

tulips

For more floral beauty, please visit my galleries.

Photos from Jenkins Arboretum and Chanticleer are in the gallery two gardens :: 2019.
Photos from Longwood Gardens are in the gallery Longwood Gardens :: 2019.

The slideshow button in the gallery header provides a way to easily see all of the photos in each gallery.