Denise Goldberg's blog

Monday, April 16, 2018

wet

Today's forecast called for heavy rain, and rain it did!

I hoped to get in a decent exercise walk after my pilates class this morning but a combination of heavy rain, wind, and temperatures still hovering in the 30s convinced me to stay in.

I read.
I watched some of the elite and wheelchair finishers in the Boston Marathon.
I made a big pot of soup.
I listened to the rain hitting the windows.
I relaxed.

When the sound of wind and rain diminished at around 5 PM I looked outside. The rain had changed from heavy to light and I was itching for some outside time. I quickly donned my exercise gear and headed out. The rain was light, then it stopped for a bit. It changed, the rain becoming heavy and the wind howling. Home again... my running shoes are stuffed with newspaper, clothing layers are hanging to dry. Everything should be ready when I need my shoes and layers tomorrow morning.

It was a good day.