Denise Goldberg's blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

upgrade :: Windows 10

Today was the official release date for Windows 10. Instead of waiting for the automated downloads that I had requested I decided to reach out, grab the upgrade tool, and update both my Surface 3 and my "big" computer. Elapsed time was probably about 2 hours between downloading, installing, and configuring. The entire process was easy, pretty much running itself.

Next step? It's time to re-familiarize myself with my computers!

I've used (and like) the new Edge browser, I've wandered through the menus and tiles to find the things I use often, so far everything looks good. I plan to spend some time with the Surface with and without the keyboard attached since that automatically changes the operation of the device. I think that makes sense - with the keyboard it acts more like a laptop, without the keyboard it behaves like a tablet.

It's an interesting change.