Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, October 14, 2017

practice

Oh! it's been a while since I've written. I think I'd better write one blog entry as practice since I promised Denise I would write the blog entries while we travel so she can focus on photos.

I was just going to start bugging Denise about planning a trip to Acadia National Park when she told me we are going to be traveling there soon. I just checked the long-term forecast for Bar Harbor. It looks like it will be cooler than home with fall-like temperatures and sunshine. I know Denise would like some clouds. I wonder if the weather wizard pays any attention to requests from little red dogs. Oh, probably not! I can hope though.

I'm hoping to see some fall colors and I think Denise is too.

Maine foliage map

I went looking for a foliage report and found Maine's Official Fall Foliage Website. The area along the coast is shown as having moderate color. The words next to the map say: "Central and coastal Maine (zones 1, 2 and 3) are at 50 percent color change." I think that should be good.

As always, I'm looking forward to bouncing through Acadia!

--- Rover
Rover, on the boardwalk on Jesup Path
on the Jesup Path boardwalk, from our visit last fall