Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, September 02, 2012

to the sea

Halibut Point State Park called to me today. I feel like it was just yesterday when I made my first visit to this beautiful park, but when I looked back at my photos I saw that my previous visit was in mid-July. Hmm... where has the time gone?

The park was a very popular spot today. I arrived when there were still spaces available in the parking lot; when I left there was a line of cars waiting for entry.

I walked paths in both the state park and the adjoining land owned by the Trustees of Reservations. I spent some time sitting on the rocks close to the water. Visiting just after high tide provided sitting space without the worry of getting wet.

I need to keep this park high on my list of places to visit; I'd really like to see it dressed in autumn colors and I'd like to see it in snow too.

calm ocean, at Halibut Point State Park

More photos from today's visit can be viewed in the gallery Halibut Point, quarry and ocean starting with this photo and ending here.